Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Exclu: Major Villain Set To Be Series Regular On CW's 'The Flash'

First thing's first, I've been meaning to post on this blog a lot more lately. We're almost 2 months old and I've barely been posting some original content, which was my intention from the get-go. I've earned plenty of thousands of views within those two-months, but that's just because of link-backs to exclusives. I need to build a loyal readership for some content I'll be starting to write over the new year so please bookmark Bludhaven Banter or follow me on Twitter. Since Moviehole out-scooped part of me on saying that Vibe will be apart of The Flash, I thought it best I post this now just incase. Also, here's some additional info on Vibe; Cisco Ramon is a series regular set to be in 10/13 episodes produced. He is NOT superhuman yet. He is just "Cisco Ramon"

Second: If The CW wants to keep this a secret, please click the Contact button above. I will remove the post as soon as I see the email (However, I do sleep!)

Alright, here's the scoop. In pilot episode for The Flash, there is a character called "Detective Eddie Thawne" which sounds a lot like Eobard Thawne, the name of Professor Zoom. Now, that's not a lot to go on, so I did some additional digging and it turns out that he may very well become the villain we all know and love. The description for the character states that he is "leading man handsome" (late 20s-early/mid 30s) and has recently transferred to Central City Police Department from Keystone. Thawne is set to be loved within the precinct and takes the credit for a lot of things that Barry can't. (We assume this'll mean he takes credit for some of The Flash's work, but that's just speculation on our part). However, the most intriguing part about this character is that his past will be a complete mystery. No one knows where he comes from, and he "harbors a dark secret". That does sound very ambiguous, but as a comic fan, it's easy to put one-and-one together to make two.

Here's some speculation on our part. The mysterious past is because Thawne is a time-traveller from the future and was probably trapped here. He then creates a 21st century name (Eddie Thawne) and works hard to become a police detective. Perhaps we may be seeing some dark teases within the show; much like how the Flashpoint comic teased Thawne's appearance throughout by blazing lines of dialogue and blurs.
Just this month we posted a bit on if The Flash will use time-travel, and it looks like our theory is becoming more true by the day.

The Flash is shaping up to be a very diverse cast. You've got a white male lead, a female black lead, a hispanic regular and a openly gay regular. Have fun speculating!

2 comments:

  1. Considering they describe Barry's mother's murder exactly how Reverse Flash killed her in the comics, I'd say your speculation is spot on. Can't wait to see it play out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the same thing this whole thing is based around the flashpoint comic. But in the comic the death of zoom he the one to kill Barry's mother. Because, since he is from the future something must've happened between the two so he came to the future to kill him. Also to frame Barry's father as well. I'm not really sure about the motive but it's the best solution because i'm not truly a big flash fan.I'm more into Cyborg and Icon type of guy. But, if anyone can clear this up for me, I won't really mind.

    ReplyDelete