Sunday, November 10, 2013

Scoop: 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' And Marvel Casting Calls

Agents Of SHIELD

As a reward for helping my blog become quite popular in the past week, I've decided to post an interesting tidbit that was sent to me this weekend by a "friend". First thing's first though, you people who have read my blog have really helped motivate me to write more persuasive-type articles. I never imagined that my blog posts would get any more than around 30 views (they didn't at first), however I am seeing much, much bigger numbers than that (in the Stephen Amell post specifically), which means people actually read my content. I'm also getting messages on Twitter praising my posts and articles, which really does mean a lot.

Now back to the topic at hand. Over the past few days, I've reconnected with the source who gave me the scoop back in January that Dave Bautista, Isaiah Mustafa and Brian Patrick Wade were the top three contenders for 'Drax The Destroyer' in Guardians Of The Galaxy.  Note that this was before Jason Momoa  came in and stomped all over and tried to badger Marvel for more money, but Marvel wouldn't barge and the role ultimately went to Dave Bautista, which Latino-Review ultimately confirmed. That same source has come through again, however this time with a smaller and not-so-groundbreaking scoop.

Quick explanation, below are some screenshots from a casting call website with some very tight security. Let's just say you need to be in the business to have access to this stuff. It's not government-level or Christopher Nolan-level secret, but it's not easy to get a hold of. Anyway, the screenshots below offer some interesting "guest star" casting calls for the yet-to-be-titled eleventh episode of Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D and some very unspecific casting calls for "UNTITLED MARVEL PROJECT". Commence speculation.

Marvel casting calls

Let's take a look at the S.H.I.E.L.D casting calls for a moment. Normally, I would pass on posting about this show mainly because it was just bad at the beginning and the only reason I kept watching was because of the adorable Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). However, even though the writing isn't that much better, the show has finally found the place it needs to go, so let's hope it follows the right path. The top image for episode 11 look like unnecessary extras, simple enough, right? Now, if you take a look at the bottom image, it shows two lengthy descriptions for lead businessmen who are seemingly going to be guest stars for the episode. Do they sound like any Marvel characters to you? Also, here's the scoop that Kevin Hooks is directing!

doctor strange

Now, the casting calls for "UNTITLED MARVEL PROJECT" are even more unspecific, but interestingly enough they call for ethnicity-specific roles with "deadpan humor". Now that we know what agency is doing the casting, perhaps some of you sniffers out there with contacts (*cough* Marvel Freshman *cough*) can dig up something, so let the world know! Kevin Feige recently said that Marvel has a pile of movies down the pipeline, especially since planning for Phase 4 and Phase 5 has been talked about. Could this be for Doctor Strange? Black Panther? The Avengers 3? We won't know anything for months, maybe even years, but the anticipation will be fun.

Editor's Note: This article is now updated to reflect on claims that this casting call is indeed for Edgar Wright's 2015 Ant-Man feature film.  Linda Ge of Bleeding Cool pointed out that their own sources gave them this exact casting call and confirmed it was for Ant-Man (whilst also linking back to us!). The final showdown as to who shall play (seemingly) Scott Lang in Edgar Wright's feature film is soon coming to a close, and we may find out the lead soon enough.

Check out ComicBookBrainSplatter's analysis for more information.

Note: If you use these images on your site, please link back to Bludhaven Banter!

Leave Bludhaven Banter a Facebook like!

5 comments:

  1. I think I figured out the untitled project. Pretty simple deduction. You blocked me from Twitter though. Really silly of you.

    ReplyDelete